Last Modified Date: March 26, 2021
What Information Does Tarpstop Collect?
The information that we collect from you depends upon your interactions with us and our Website as provided below:
- If you choose to purchase an item that is available for sale through our Website, we will collect your email address, first name, last name, company name, street address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, country and phone number (“Customer Account Information”). We will also collect your payment information.
- When you visit our Fastrak® II webpage on our Website, you have the option to complete a web form so that a sales team member can get in touch with you. If you choose to complete the web form, we will collect your first name, last name, email address, phone number, state, and the type of trailer that you have (“Fastrak Contact Details”).
- You have the option to review products that we sell on our Website and should you choose to complete a review, we will collect your rating (between one and five stars), nickname, summary, and your review.
- Our Website also enables you to sign up for our newsletter. If you choose to sign up to receive our newsletter, we will collect your email address.
- In the event that you contact us via email through our “Contact” web page on our Website, we will collect your first and last name, email address and the content of any message that you choose to provide to us.
- If you contact us by telephone at (877) 999-8277, we will collect your first and last name, telephone number, and any other pertinent information that you provide to us.
- Our Website includes functionality that enables you to submit a testimonial sharing your experience as a customer. If you choose to submit a testimonial, we will collect your name, email address, company name, position/title, a category for your testimonial, the products used, your rating, and the content of your testimonial (“Testimonial Information”).
- In the event that you contact us by U.S. mail with written correspondence, we will collect your first and last name, mailing address, and any pertinent details that you choose to provide to us in your communication.
- We utilize internet cookies on our Website, which also collect information. For more information about the information we collect from cookies and how this information is used, please visit the section of this Policy titled “Internet Cookies.”
How Does Tarpstop Use the Information it Collects?
We use the information that we collect from you in the following ways:
- If you purchase an item from us through the Website, we will use your Customer Account Information to create your account and fulfill the sales transaction with you. Our third party payment card processor will use your payment information for purposes of processing the payment that you have chosen to use in connection with your sales transaction with us.
- Where you complete the web form located on the Fastrak web page on our Website, we will use your Fastrak Contact Details to have one of our sales representatives get in contact with you to provide more information on our products.
- When you choose to provide a review for a product, we will use your rating, nickname, summary, and the content of your review to make your review available for our other customers and visitors to the Website to view.
- To the extent that you have chosen to sign up to receive our newsletter by email, we will use your email address for purposes of sending you our newsletter.
- If you contact us by email by using the hyperlink on our “Contact” web page on our Website or if you otherwise contact us directly by email, we will use your email address, first and last name, and the content of any message that you choose to provide to us for purposes of responding to your specific inquiry.
- When you contact us by telephone, we use your first and last name, telephone number, and any other pertinent information that you provide to us for purposes of responding to your request.
- In the event that you choose to provide us with a testimonial, we will use the Testimonial Information to publish your testimonial to our Website, social media platforms, and in our discretion we may also incorporate a testimonial into our marketing efforts and marketing releases.
- If you contact us by U.S. mail or via another recognized courier, we will use your first and last name, mailing address, and any other pertinent details that you choose to provide us in your written correspondence to respond to your inquiry.
- We use the information that we collect through internet cookies on the Website as indicated in the section on Internet Cookies that is included below.
The Website contains both first and third party internet cookies. Internet cookies are small data files that are transmitted through our Website to your internet web browser. First part cookies are cookies that Tarpstop deploys to your web browser. Third party cookies are cookies that a third party service provider deploys from our Website in connection with services that they provide to us.
Our first part internet cookies collect information including your internet protocol address, your internet browser type, and the products that you have chosen to place in your shopping cart on the Website. If you choose to purchase any items that you have placed into your shopping cart from Tarpstop, we use a first party cookie to authenticate your log in credentials and to complete your sales transaction with us. We also use this information to detect and troubleshoot issues with our ecommerce web pages on the Website and for purposes of combatting against fraud and malicious behavior.
In connection with providing our Website to you, we utilize Google Analytics, which is a third party service provider. These third party cookies collect information such as your internet protocol address, internet browser type, computing device type, language preference, the domain of your internet service provider, a unique online identifier, your internet browsing history, the date and time of your visit to the Website, and the duration of your browsing session. Google Analytics provides us with access to summary statistical information on our Website’s web traffic.
Our Website also utilizes certain web beacon technologies that enable us to place targeted advertisements at persons who might be most interested in our products.
We use the information that we receive from these cookies to detect and troubleshoot issues with our Website, to measure the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising efforts, to add new products to our ecommerce page of the Website, and to improve and optimize your browsing experience on our Website.
Your Choices Concerning Internet Cookies
Depending upon what type of internet browser you use to surf the internet, you may have the option to toggle your internet browser’s settings to change the manner in which your internet browser handles internet cookies. Your internet browser may include options to block or reject internet cookies from being deployed to your internet browser. For additional information about the particular settings that may be available to you with your internet browser, please consult your internet browser’s help file. Please be advised that should you choose to block or reject internet cookies from our Website, you will not be able to utilize all of the functionality on the Website or our ecommerce pages.
For more information on your choices with respect to Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Does Tarpstop Share the Information it Collects with Third Parties?
Tarpstop does not sell any of the information that it collects from you. In connection with making our Website and products available to you, we do utilize a number of third party service providers. There are also certain circumstances in which we will share information about you with third parties as described below:
As noted above, we use a number of third party service providers in connection with making our products and Website available to you. We utilize third party service providers for data and website hosting, web design, marketing, advertising, email, software, payment card processing, and logistics services. We only disclose the information that you provide to us to these third party service providers to the extent required for our service providers to render their services to us. We do not permit our service providers to use your information for any other purposes.
We will disclose your information if it is required in order for Tarpstop to comply with a legal obligation that is imposed on us, including without limitation, in response to a subpoena, court order, or grand jury or regulatory demand. Our response to any legally required obligation for disclosure will be determined in our sole discretion on a case-by-case basis. We also reserve the right to disclose your information to law enforcement or applicable regulatory authorities where we determine such disclosure is necessary to protect and preserve our rights, property, the safety of our organization, customers, and other third parties.
Sale of the Business
In the event that Tarpstop is sold or substantially all of Tarpstop’s assets are sold to another party, or Tarpstop merges into or reorganizes as a different business entity, the information that we have collected on or about you, as set forth in this Policy, will be among one of the assets transferred to the new or acquiring entity in connection with the transaction.
Your Options Regarding Information
In the event that you would like to review, correct, update, or delete any of the personal information that you have provided to Tarpstop, such as your first and last name, email address, billing and mailing address, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Please include “Data Subject Request” in the subject line of your email message and clearly describe your request with enough detail to enable us to locate your information. Please note that we reserve the right to verify any request and to deny requests where we are unable to verify the authenticity of the request. If you have a customer account, you have the option to log into your account to view, update and change your information.
Changes or Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time as determined in our sold discretion. Whenever we choose to make any updates to this Policy, we will update the “Last Modified Date” that is included at the top of this document. Any updates will be effective as of the date of their posting, unless otherwise stated. It is your responsibility to regularly check this Policy for updates. If we make a material change to the manner in which we collect, use, or disclose your information that we collect through the Website, we will post a notice on the main page of our Website to draw your attention to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy or any particular revision to this Policy, then you must immediately cease your use of the Website.
Do Not Track Signals or Requests from Web Browsers
At this time, our Website does not honor “Do Not Track” signals or requests that may be transmitted by your internet web browser because there is no present universal standard for honoring such requests.
Policy Regarding Children’s Online Privacy
Tarpstop does not knowingly solicit personal information from or otherwise market to children under the age of 13. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the same meaning as ascribed to the term under the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Visitors to our Website must be at least 18 years of age. If you are not at least 18 years of age, please immediately cease your use of the Website. If you are the parent of a child that you believe may have supplied us with personal information, please contact us immediately using the contact details at the bottom of this Policy to have your child’s information deleted. Please note in the subject line of any such request “Request to Remove Child’s Information.”
Third Party Hyperlinks
The Website contains hyperlinks to third party websites that are not owned, operated, or controlled by Tarpstop. We provide these third party hyperlinks on our Website for general informational purposes and for your convenience. Please note that we do not have any control over any content, information, business, or privacy practices of any third party owned, operated, or controlled website. Your use of third party websites in entirely at your own risk. Under no circumstances will Tarpstop be liable or held responsible for any content, information, business or privacy practices of any website that is not owned, operated or otherwise controlled by Tarpstop.
If you wish to contact us at Tarpstop, please feel free to reach out either by telephone or email using the contact details provided below:
By telephone at: (877) 999-8277
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail at: 12000 Williams Road, Perrysburg, Ohio 43551